Hobsbawm surveys his theses against a series of primitive rebels social bandits mafia millenarian movements italian lazzaretti spanish anarchists the sicilian peasant leagues the city mob labor sects and ritual in social movements. Primitive rebels studies in archaic forms of social movement in the 19th and 20th centuries eric j hobsbawm manchester university press 1971 dissenters 211 pages. I didnt know much about the topic so i appreciated hobsbawms detailed reference list and contextualisation of rebels in italy spain etc his thesis is an interesting one but in my opinion he is too summarily dismissive about the potential for true social change through primitive action
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.