The rules also dictate when an apology can be accepted thus preventing the duel and when no verbal apology will be sufficient rule 5 as a blow is strictly prohibited under any circumstances among gentlemen no verbal apology can be received for such an insult. What distinguished a duel from a casual bar room brawl or a street fight is that it was considered a rule bound affair of honor among men of equal social standing to receive a challenge to duel was actually a confirmation by the person issuing the challenge that they considered you a gentleman if . The first rule of dueling was that a challenge to duel between two gentleman could not generally be refused without the loss of face and honor if a gentleman invited a man to duel and he refused he might place a notice in the paper denouncing the man as a poltroon for refusing to give satisfaction in the dispute
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.