The poetry of horace born 65 bce is richly varied its focus moving between public and private concerns urban and rural settings stoic and epicurean thought his odes cover a wide range of moods and topics love and political concerns are frequent themes of the epodes. This book contains both the odes and epodes of horace written between about 30 and 13 bc 17 short poems make up the epodes which were modeled off of the poems of archilochus topics include war including some very good poems touching on the civil wars and the roman victory at actium love and abuse. In horace life the 30s bc his 17 epodes were also under way mockery here is almost fierce the metre being that traditionally used for personal attacks and ridicule though horace attacks social abuses not individuals
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.