Abraham lincoln and emancipation the emancipation proclamation and thirteenth amendment brought about by the civil war were important milestones in the long process of ending legal slavery in the united states. How then asks paul finkelman in the introduction to lincoln congress and emancipation did lincoln who personally hated slavery lead the nation through the civil war to january 1865 when congress passed the constitutional amendment that ended slavery outright. Lincoln congress and emancipation edited by paul finkelman and donald r kennon take ten talented historians of the civil war era lock them in a room and let none of them out until they have said the most enlightening things ever uttered about abraham lincoln and emancipation and the result would be close to what we have in this book
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.